Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jumping Ahead - Bride of the Wolfman

It's been ages since I've completed an actual full comic. In 2002 and 2003 I did two short Dorks stories that were 4 pages each. Other then that, not much had happened. In 2004 Dave Gruba asked me to partner up with him on a project of his. Bride of the Wolfman. We've never worked together on a project despite the long history we've had together in publishing. Even on Grubbmaster Pieces I did my own stuff, which was funny cause I remember a guy that Dave tapped to contribute to the book but he wanted him to draw White Knife. That guy complained to me how he wanted to do his own stuff like I was doing. Old times...
Getting back on track I just wanted to point out that I have done something new. It feels good but now that the work is done, I feel like I was let go from a job. I just don't know what to do with myself. I had all these plans of course to work on Dorks and other things but coming rite off Wolfman I just feel drained and energized at the same time. Everything that I had held back on working on so that this project was done is now trying to find its way out and I can't focus on what to do first. I'm shure though by the end of the week I'll have an idea. :p

Here's a look at the cover and I'll post some sketches and pages later on.
Thanks everybody and thank you Dave. It was fun and a great project to work on. It helped me focus more on the task at hand and gave me some new experience on how to work.

-Rene

No comments: