Friday, October 24, 2008

You Never Know Someday...



Art Baltazar was rite back in 1995. I met Art maybe back in 1994. Not shure of the year. I know that I saw his books, The Cray-Babies in the Capital Catalog. I'm a huge fan of cartoons and things that look cartoony and Cray-Babies were rite up that alley. I met art at Chicago Con shortly after. His crew and himself were in disbelief that somebody preordered his book and sought him out at the convention. We talked alot and he was very nice. I told him about my book and how I was going to send it out to him. After completing Dorks issue 1 I sent it out to him. I remember it was quite a while afterward that he replied because somewhere in there I stopped working on issue 2. When I got the letter asking for issue 2 I was on cloud 9. His letter was very nice and professional and the pinup made me feel like one of them. I went back to drawing the Dorks books rite away as to not disappoint him. Art is as friendly as he can be and it's no wonder he's had huge success with Patrick the Wolfboy, Gorilla Gorilla (From Disney Digest) and Tiny Titans (From DC). Thanks Art for the encouragement and one of these days Dorks will be born again and on those shelves.

-Rene

No comments: